KI has been using deliberate creativity methods to help government agencies, funding bodies, universities and other organizations accelerate scientific innovation through interdisciplinary collaboration since 2004. We run face-to-face meetings, virtual sessions, group writing workshops and train individual PIs and small groups to regularly use deliberate creative problem solving in their collaborative efforts. (Here’s our complete list.)
The biggest compliment we get from clients and workshop participants is the trust they (eventually) place in us. We are humbled by the feedback we receive after events because it’s the participants who really do the hardest work. We feel fortunate to witness the moments when they surprise themselves with their own ingenuity.
Those who have worked with KI know we:
- Only work with people who make us laugh.
- Believe suffering is optional. (During our events, we invite you to take a coffee, bathroom break or a walk outside whenever needed.)
- Put a lot of effort into designing engaging and productive events.
- Believe that people can learn to be more creative and innovative by hacking their behaviors.
- Are detail-oriented when it comes to creating an environment conducive to creativity.
- Defer judgement and cultivate ambiguity tolerance.
- Strive to be attentive and responsive to the changing needs of clients and participants.
- Encourage participants to think past paradigms.
- Strive to stay in the Learner’s mindset and encourage others to do the same.
- Take our role as stewards of science seriously — even if we don’t take ourselves all that seriously
Find out more about working with us as a: