Scoping sessions are short workshops that maximize diverse expertise to break down a broad topic area into actionable challenges and opportunities. Participants say they find the format dynamic, the interdisciplinary collaboration engaging, and the ideas that emerge inspiring!
They are a great way to:
- Jumpstart Grand Challenges
- Collect input from large and diverse communities
- Explore potential areas for solicitations and RFPs
During a scoping session, facilitators orchestrate many fast-paced interactions that result in a broad exploration of the topic area. The outputs of these activities are then prioritized for future pursuits in Ideas Labs or through more traditional funding approaches.
- Project Administration
- Project management board and knowledge base
- Project planning meetings
- Agenda design
- Venue assistance
- Onsite setup and orientation
- Workshop facilitation
- Workshop materials
- Travel & incidentals to and from the event
- Micro Lab
- Additional project planning meetings
- Additional Co-facilitator or Other KI Staff
- Online Collaboration Hub
- Facilitation of attendee selection process
- Additional 60-90 minute Micro Labs (before or after the event)
- Public event website
Lodging and catering at the event are generally arranged for and paid directly by the client for simplicity.
What People Are Saying About KI Scoping Sessions
…interactive and insightful. The discomfort (meeting unknown people in groups AND discussing new ideas with them?? Whaaattt???) made for some creative frisson, which ultimately (for me at least) helped break down barriers and achieve some cool insights. Also made good face contact with folks with similar interests.
– AttendeeNational Cancer Institute & Department of Energy’s Envisioning Computational Innovations for Cancer Challenges (ECICC) Scoping Meeting